Femcon Fe is a spearmint-flavored birth control pill that can be swallowed or chewed. It combines 2 different hormones – progestin and estrogen. Together, these 2 hormones suppress ovulation and other related changes your body goes through. That means an egg is not released from your ovary and therefore cannot be fertilized by sperm. Birth control pills also thicken your cervical mucus (making it difficult for sperm to enter the uterus) and change the lining of your uterus (making it difficult for a fertilized egg to implant itself in the uterine wall).
Using Femcon Fe, or other oral contraceptives, is one of the most effective methods of birth control available. If taken correctly on a daily basis, birth control pills are as much as 99% effective in preventing pregnancy, meaning there is still a 1% chance that you could get pregnant.
What are some advantages to using Femcon Fe?
- Chewability – Femcon Fe is the only oral contraceptive to offer chewability. Perfect for women who have difficulty swallowing even the tiniest pill.
- Cycle control – There is low incidence of spotting or bleeding between periods.
- Low-dose – Most available birth control pills contain the same type of estrogen as Femcon Fe but in different amounts. Femcon Fe is considered a low-dose pill because it contains 35 micrograms (mcg) of estrogen.
- Menstrual relief – Femcon Fe can help reduce menstrual cramps, regulate irregular periods, and lighten menstrual flow.
Does Femcon Fe offer any health benefits?
- Your menstrual cycles may become more regular.
- Blood flow during your period may be lighter and less iron may be lost.
- Pain or other symptoms, like menstrual cramps, may decrease.
- Lesser chance of ovarian cysts occuring.
- Ectopic pregnancy may occur less frequently.
- Noncancerous cysts or lumps in the breast may occur less often.
- Lesser chance of acute pelvic inflammatory disease occuring.
- Using birth control pills may provide some protection against developing two forms of cancer: cancer of the ovaries and cancer of the lining of the uterus.
Does Femcon Fe have any side effects?
Birth control pill side effects are generally not serious. The most common side effects include breast tenderness, nausea, vomiting, and spotting or bleeding between periods. These side effects often go away within the first 3 months. While more serious side effects occur infrequently, some medical conditions have been associated with Pill use, including:
- Blood clots, blockage of blood vessels
- Gallbladder disease
- Liver tumors (extremely rare)
- High blood pressure, which returns to normal when you stop taking the Pill
Is there anything else I should know about Femcon Fe?
Cigarette smoking while using the Pill increases the risk of serious adverse effects on the heart and blood vessels. This risk increases if you are a heavy smoker (15 or more cigarettes a day) and with age (especially if you are over 35). Women who use birth control should not smoke.
You should not take the Pill if you have or have had blood clots, certain cancers, a history of heart attack or stroke, or are pregnant.
Femcon Fe does not protect against HIV/AIDS or sexually transmitted diseases. Always use a nonhormonal backup contraceptive like a condom for extra protection.
Missing a pill or taking a pill a few hours later than normal can decrease the effectiveness. Certain medications like antibiotics are also known to increase the chance of your birth control pill failing.
BirthControlBuzz is a service company that provides birth control prices, birth control types (prescription required), health administrative services, and birth control statistics predominantly to US patients seeking to purchase birth control on-line.
For more information call 1-866-868-8850 or visit http://www.birthcontrolbuzz.com/.
Birth Control Buzz is a service company that provides birth control prices, types of birth control(prescription required), health administrative services, and birth control statistics predominantly to US patients seeking to purchase pharmaceuticals on-line. For more information, call 1-866-868-8850 or visit http://www.birthcontrolbuzz.com/.