The Female Condom (FC) is a thin sheath made of polyurethane used during sexual intercourse to prevent pregnancy and transmission of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). It is open at one end and closed at the other. Both ends have a flexible ring to keep the condom in place. The condom is worn internally by the woman and physically blocks ejaculated semen from entering her body.
How to use the Female Condom
- Open the package carefully (if you accidentally tear the condom while opening, throw it out and use another). To insert the condom choose a comfortable position; like lying down, squatting, or raising one leg.
- Squeeze the closed end of the condom between your thumb and middle finger.
- Using your index finger, push the condom all the way into your vagina. Insert it as far as it will go until you can’t feel it any longer. The open end (larger ring) of the condom should be outside your vagina.
- Make sure the condom is not twisted inside your vagina.
Removal of the Female Condom requires that you hold it carefully as there may be a chance of sperm spilling in the vagina. Once you have a firm grasp you can then twist the outer ring and pull it out. Wrap the condom with tissue or toilet paper and throw it into the garbage.
- Do not use the same condom twice.
- Do not tear the condom with nails or teeth.
- Do not use female and male condoms at the same time. The friction between the two condoms can cause breakage.
- Do not use oil-based lubricants with female condoms made of latex. Water- and silicone-based lubricants are the better choice.
- Use a new condom everytime you have sexual intercourse.
- Do not flush the condom down the toilet.
- The condom’s outer ring must be held in place to prevent the condom from slipping into the vagina.
- The penis must be guided into the condom to prevent the penis sliding between the condom and the vaginal wall.
Advantages of the Female Condom
- More control and a sense of spontaneity.
- No prescription or fitting is needed.
- You can put the condom in several hours before intercourse.
- It is safe and fairly effective at preventing both pregnancy and infection.
- The condom is lubricated on the inside.
Disadvantages of the Female Condom
- It is large, somewhat unattractive and can make rustiling noises during intercourse; this may decrease enjoyment of sex.
- The condom will not work if the man’s penis slides outside of the female condom.
- It can be hard and confusing to use at first (but practice makes perfect).
- It is harder to find and more expensive than male condoms.
Birth Control Buzz is a service company that provides birth control prices, birth control types (prescription required), health administrative services, and birth control statistics predominantly to US patients seeking to purchase pharmaceuticals on-line. For more information, call 1-866-868-8850 or visit http://www.birthcontrolbuzz.com/.
Birth Control Buzz is a service company that provides birth control prices, types of birth control(prescription required), health administrative services, and birth control statistics predominantly to US patients seeking to purchase pharmaceuticals on-line. For more information, call 1-866-868-8850 or visit http://www.birthcontrolbuzz.com/.