The myth that a girl won’t get pregnant the first time that she has sex has been broken. Virgins are very commonly using condoms the first time they have sex. The use of condoms has risen significantly, especially in premarital sex and first-time couples. This is significant because 94% of women ages 15 to 44 have had premarital sex. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the use of condoms has increased from 55 percent to 88 percent in less than 20 years.
This dramatic change is great news to hear, but there is a downside. Condoms still aren’t providing 100 percent protection. 50 percent of pregnancies in the USA are unintentional. It is encouraging to hear that other methods, such as the pill and other contraceptive methods are being used more often. The pill is used by 10.7 million people, and sterilization is used by 10.3 million.
Oral contraceptives fail most commonly because the contraceptive users use the pills inconstantly or otherwise incorrectly. Thankfully we have accomplished the current popularity of the birth control pill contraceptive, now all we have to do is ensure that the pills are taken properly, and consistently.
- There are now IPhone and IPod applications available which provide a daily ‘pill reminder’ with a settable alarm.
- As well you can set a daily alarm on your phone or make a note on your calendar.
- There are some online calendars you can set to send an SMS text to your phone each day with a reminder.
- Make sure to keep your medication in view.
- Ask a close friend or relative to remind you
Birth Control Buzz is a service company that provides birth control prices, types of birth control(prescription required), health administrative services, and birth control statistics predominantly to US patients seeking to purchase pharmaceuticals on-line. For more information, call 1-866-868-8850 or visit http://www.birthcontrolbuzz.com/.